Bridgeville- Delaware State Police arrested 42-year-old Jerome W. Charleston of Bridgeville on drug charges and Violation of Probation on Tuesday afternoon following a criminal investigation.
On January 12, 2021, at approximately 1:10 p.m., members of the Delaware State Police Governors Task Force and Probation and Parole responded to a residence in the 11000 block of Evans Drive for a criminal investigation. Upon arrival, they contacted the sole resident, Jerome W. Charleston. Through the investigation the following items were located:
- Approximately 6.279 grams of heroin
- Approximately 7.5 grams of crack cocaine
- Drug paraphernalia
- Approximately $3,941.00 in suspected drug proceeds
Charleston was taken into custody without incident and transported to Troop 5 where he was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance- Tier 3 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance- Tier 1 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (2 counts)
He was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $32,000.00 secured bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Delaware State Police Official Web Site
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Heather Pepper
Released: 011421 0020
View All News Posts